Monday, November 22, 2010

Open house success

  I wasn't sure how well attended my open house would be this year. I even had thoughts of postponing the event, but too many flyers had been handed out with no way of contacting everyone.
 We had a horrible tragedy in town where a young man died suddenly. Saturday held the services and all townsfolk had this on their minds whether attending or not.


 There were several people who came to the gallery whom I had never met before. Word is really spreading. But it was the people who showed up with the ties and pins on coming from services to gather and support me in my business that really made me understand I have a great group of friends in this town.
We shared some wine, and everyone had a chance to talk and it had such a warm feeling about it.



   The shelves were stocked pretty well before the open house, but I feel now I need to replenish. I will have my "open hours" on sat. Dec 4th and I hope to have some pieces to fill the holes....
My daughter and I did a mad dash to Sheffield today for more clay and raw materials. Almost missed getting the older kids off the bus..

   So now I hope to get some throwing in the next two days so I have more pieces for the 4th. WAIT hold the presses! Earlier tonight I emailed Irma Starr, a world renowned redware potter  (irmastarr.com) to ask a technical  question. Well she called me back!........I have been having some horrible glazing problems and she was able to give me many ideas. I am excited to get into my studio tomorrow and start anew.

 Hope to see folks on the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment